When we are thinking about our dreamed house or place, we imagine its features, decorations and details. We also think about the facade, how the windows, the doors, the walls and even the ceiling will look like. But it is also necessary to evaluate what kind of floor we want because it can be possible for us to pass it by. In this article, we are going to talk about hardwood floors.
Laminated materials have been used in buildings and structures for windows, worktops and walls since 1920, but it would be implemented in floors about fifty years later, with the HPL (High Pressure Laminate) which were developed by Perstorp, a Swedish company. Perstop was the pioneer in the hardwood floors market.
Hardwood floors consist in several layers made from wood, and a final synthetic layer made from melamine resins at high pressure. There is another part of the material called blade whose thickness is usually between 6 and 12 mm. The length may vary depending on the models or brand, but the standard is between 1280 and 1350 mm, with widths around 160 mm. There are also broad, long and special thicknesses when is a custom requirement. In the market of this product, there are many varieties of style, colours and other available features based on many kinds of natural woods, and they are easy to install and maintain.
When we are standing on Littleton hardwood flooring, we are going to see the warmth and modernity that this kind of floor makes us feel. But when it is time to decide the specifications we want for our house or space, it is important to know the options we have:
- Solid hardwood flooring: This is one of the better options we have but the most expensive. The cost depends on the wood spice. Moreover, this kind of floor does not resist rough usage being prone to scuffs made by scratches or knockings.
- Laminate flooring: Nowadays, this kind of floor counts with an excellent quality material and low costs. There are a wide range of colors and textures. The advantage we can find is that this kind of floor is easy to install and repair.
- Engineered hardwood flooring: There are no doubts this is the most recommendable option when we are deciding what kind of floor we want for our space. With an intermediate cost, it stands out for the high quality it offers enduring extreme temperature conditions.
There are two key factors that ensure the durability of the material:
- The hardness: it is advised the 540 kg per 2cm2 one which is the weight it can endure on.
- The stability: This is the second factor to evaluate and it is measured by the movements or variations it can manifest because of the temperature and humidity of the environment or inside the place.